Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Summertime Provident Living

All I think of when I see this picture is look out! Put away your breakables! You can imagine that my home in completely overrun by little boys (and that doesn't even include the friends that come over!) Our boys are lucky to have little buddies that they can play with all the time.....as crazy and messy as it can be!

This year (a little late in the year I might add) after much council about provident living from a good friend at work, Matt decided that it was necessary to plant a garden. We've given it our best go at it and seen the fruits (or actually vegetables) of our labors. The boys have really had a great time with it and it's been a good learning tool. You really can't beat the little bean sprouts to death with the hose sprayer on jet and expect to get a return. While water is definitely a good thing it has to come in moderation and with a lot less power!


This is our little garden and hey it's not dead so I guess we're doing something right!



Wow! Our first squash! I told them we had to document it on camera for posterity. The sun was blaring in their eyes and I just couldn't get them to look at me without squinting or closing their eyes.


Here is the squash a little closer up....what can I say, we're proud! We're still very hopeful on everything else. I can say we have enjoyed two little strawberries as well....delicious!



10 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah for you guys! It always tastes best when it is still warm from the sun!

Lucie said...

You've inspired me. I am totally starting a garden next year!

Jill said...

K what are you feeding you plants, we got the green in our garden but Nothing is sprouting. Maybe our neighbors are stealing them in the night. JK Tell me your secrets, maybe next year I'll have a successful garden.

Kim said...

How fun...and about the boy thing...yes I do know about that!! LOL...

Alyssa said...

Very cute! I can;t believe how big your boys are getting! Way to go on the garden, if we can even afford our 1/2million dollar starter home here, we will try and have a garden...well we will have to have one just to eat probably :-) Take Care!

Lia said...

Good for you!! I thought about gardening this year. It turned out to be just a thought. I love squash! Maybe I'll do something about it next year. We'll see.

Annie said...

Good Job on the garden. I thought about planting one but never got to it. Maybe next year.

Your boys are so cute. They are growing up fast.

chrissy said...

Wow, all of those boys are adorable! The second from the left looks a little familiar...

Lora said...

Your garden looks great. I'm sure your boys are having a fun time with it too!

Kristi Amasio said...

Wow. I'm impressed. I can't plant a garden to save my life.