Friday, April 25, 2008

Laundry is my Favorite!


So the other day I started thinking that Ethan and Jacks are old enough now that they can start helping with chores around the house. Wednesday I was doing laundry and I told the boys that they needed to put away all of their clean clothes. Ethan looked at me with an excited smile and a crazy giggle and said..."Laundry? I love Laundry! Can you do laundry every day while I'm at school so that I can put I all away when I come home". Immediately after hearing this I knew that I must document it or else I might not believe that it ever happened.
Ethan is really the type of kid that makes you feel like you've hit the jackpot. When it's time to clean up the play room he tells Jackson that he needs to leave so that he can clean it by himself. How many kids do you know that do that? He gets giddy when I ask him to clean his room up and make his bed. Folks...I think we have a winner! No trades on this kid. He is a keeper!

8 comments:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Ok, he needs to come over to my house and teach Danica how it is done! That is awesome!! Let's hope his teenage years he will be saying the same thing:)
I hope all is well, did Katherine get her mission call??
*Shalise

Lucie said...

Send him over to my house whenever you want a break! BTW Naiya keeps asking when we are going to see Jackson again. Apparently he made a great impression on her! :)

Michelle said...

What a great kid! Does he give lessons? I am so glad you are blogging! It is so fun and addictive! Have you checked Camille and Jared's? They are theincrediblefamily.blogspot.com. I love keeping in touch with them that way too. We are really looking forward to June!

Lindsay said...

I pick him to line up with Isabel!!

chrissy said...

True that. When he plays over here and it's time to clean up, he's the only one who jumps right in and gets to it. The other kids all whine and cry and complain. It's so nice!!!

LDS Home Share - Lane Clark said...

It is not hard to figure Ethan out with grandpa Clark's genes flowing through him!!! Christy you ought to know!

Alyssa said...

Are you sure you wouldn't consider a trade? what a cute story...and also we were wondering if you've planned your cruise...I think we will be ready to sail away with yuo guys!

The Nevada Neibaur's said...

Boys are so sweet!! I am glad I have two COOL kids.
You're right, boys do not like being called CUTE.
No need for a maid, what a good kid. :)