Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Joyful Mother of Children


With Mother's day fast approaching, it gives room for thought and reflection on being a mother. As I sit and ponder my life I feel overwhelming gratitude for 3 happy, healthy boys and the joy that their presence brings in to my life. With that being said I can honestly say that the thought has crossed my mind "Is this for real?! How did I get here and why are these people calling me mom?" Anyone who is a mother understands I'm sure! It's such a blessing to be a mother and to have the experiences that come along with it. I try to focus on the love and happiness they are to me and find joy and moreover to be joyful. They won't always be little, they won't always hang on my every word, and they won't always tell me I'm their favorite person in the whole world. But...they do today and that's what keeps me going day in and day out when all the days seem to blend together. Precious time that can never be bought back!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Great post Christy! I know exactly what you mean only now I look around and wonder how I ended up with these little people calling me mom with palm trees all around. Weird! Your boys definitely got their share of butler genes. I swear that picture looks just like one Gram has of my dad and his brothers at about the same ages!

Camille said...

I'm so glad to find your blog! We are excited to see everyone at the family reunion too! Can't wait. Your boys sure look like Butlers. Where did the time go?

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Cute Cute Boys!! You are so true on what you have said on your blog. It is so crazy how fast kids grow up- who would have thought our time is here now with them. Thanks for the cute post.

chrissy said...

What a cute post! I know exactly what you mean. I love being a mom, with the good times and sometimes the bad!

Time sure flies, though. Just wait until Ethan gets baptized...that'll blow your mind that your kid's EIGHT! I mean, seriously, when did I get an eight year old???